Tuesday, January 15, 2008

From the desk of Professor Blight

The poor. What pests they are. Their neediness and drain on society. I don’t mean those that are down on their luck. I mean the chronically poor. Those who have no desires or means to really produce much for the world. Or worse, simply take more than they produce.

In my city, they cannot vote. One must own land or a home to vote. This is an attempt to take power from the poor. “Why?” you may ask. I do not wish for the poor to influence society. The poor tend to simply push for government to supplement their lives, to make up for their shortcomings. And by doing so, insure that their poorness passes on. This is not something that I, or even nature’s design, wishes to see happen.

Don’t take me as heartless. We have programs to help people back on their feet. Charities. But we monitor them closely. The thought of someone’s donated money being shoveled down a hole, that is some lazy piece of meat, sickens me. The world is full of people who want to work, and work hard, and make intelligent choices with their funds. When one of those people falls, they should be lifted back up. Sadly, most of humanity has a hard time sorting those people for the others. Those people who have no skills, drive, of decision making ability. The ones who are supposedly struggling to make ends meet, yet they have cable TV and a cell phone. Do we really want to prop up the kind of being who can hardly fend for themselves, yet sees fit to bring children into the world, usually repeatedly?

I suppose I shouldn’t fret much. It won’t be long until I have isolated the various genes that make humans weak and stupid. From there it will be a small mater to devise a plague to wipe them all out.

4 comments:

E. Peterman said...

This IS a tough one. The thing that makes it impossible for me to write certain kinds of folks off is their kids — because they didn't ask to be born into a family of aimless losers. One of my friends has a sister who is on her third baby by some dude she has no intention of marrying, and she lives in public housing. Oh, and she isn't working right now. This woman is clearly an idiot, but what about her children? They are innocent and were dragged into a cycle that they now have the burden of breaking.

Sghoul said...

The Prof Blight answer: Let them starve. Eventually the band genes and habits will get weeded out.

The Kevin Answer: It is tough. That is a big reason I wish there was a way that you could prevent everyone from getting pregnant, unless they got a license, and to do so you had to prove that you have the resources and intellegence to raise a child. But this is some Sci-Fi world that doesn't exist.

The Irredeemable Shag said...

First, I agree with some of Professor Blight's post. I guess that makes me a supervillain-in-training.

Second, I like that Professor Blight is interested in weeding out the "band" gene. I guess that means Band Geek's (like Kevin) days are numbered. :)

Shag

Sghoul said...

Shag, if you nit pick one more of my typing errors, so help me...