Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'ma talk about my characters...hehe!

Hows this for a random blog post? I'm going to talk about my various recurring characters/names and alias I use when playing video game RPG's/MMO's.

1) Shadow Ghoul. The big one. Sghoul is pretty much my main alias. If I play a game with a single character that isn't a fantasy RPG, Sghoul is the name I use. And when I do stuff online, Sghoul is pretty much always my handle.

Shadow Ghoul was created in the Marvel Super Hero RPG, which was a system that had you randomly generate characters. I rolled him up and he had Shadow Control, the ability to rot organic material, the ability to generate fear, and no real need to eat/sleep/breathe. So I called him Shadow Ghoul. And for whatever reason it stuck. Especially since sghoul is almost always available as a username on the interwebs.

2) Kasing. Kasing DeMarkus was my first serious D&D character. A Half Elven Ranger for those who care. I generally use him in games as a bow wielding human or elven character. And Kasing had a Van Dyke (like me) before I could even grow one. Hmmmm...

3) Jessail. Female wizard type. I made her as an NPC originally. Now I use her whenever I need a caster type. Generally Elven, always blond. And I play her as haughty (bitchy).

4) Neeily. She came about in Everquest. I played around with EQ for a bit. I wanted to stand out, so I looked at various race/class/gender combos. The least used one that I could see was Halfling/Rogue/Female. So I made one. I let the game give me random names, and one came up that was close to Neeily, but longer. Since long names are harder to type, I shortened it to Neeily.

Neeily is generally my short spunky character. Most often a rogue type. And always having dark (black if I can help it) hair. Although in Warhammer, I have one that is human.

5) Marlox. This guy came from Anarchy Online originally. I made a big galoot character, and Marlox sounded pretty galooty to me. Since then, any more monstrous character I make is Marlox. My troll in WoW, my current Orc in WAR.

6) Falla. Originally Falla Firehair, Falla is Neeily's lesser used cousin. Originally I wanted to make a Barbarian Rogue in EQ, and since I already had Neeily, I made this one up. Falla is now used most often if I am making an evil version rogue type. Usually human, and red haired.

7) Dungor Deadhammer. Another old D&D character, Dungor is my dwarf character. Now, what class he is changes pretty heavily. He's been a fighter, paladin, and cleric. He is also a main character in my Arnoth stories (that I have no put pen to paper for).

Some lesser known/used characters:

Hia! (with the '!'). Whenever I make a martial artist in a none online game.
Heal. The healer...duh!
Holy. Paladin or cleric.

That's enough of my musings for now.

3 comments:

T.H. Elliott said...

Thel, Theldorian, Thelorious, pretty much anything with the THEL in it.

The Irredeemable Shag said...

So regardless of their description, do all the characters eventually degrade into jaded sarcasm and apathy? :)

Hee hee.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com

Sghoul said...

Actually my Everquest guild was convinced I was a peppy, spunky, girl (aside from the ones who were really my friends....they knew I was surly).