Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Job BITCHES!

So, yesterday was a whirlwind of spur of the moment interview, second interview, job offer! And what an offer it is. I am will be going from menial support staff to IT director. And a raise that I am not entirely sure I know what to do with.

Now, I am VERY intimidated by this job. I may be biting off more than I can chew. But, at worst, I will discover my limits. At best this will be the exciting place that lets me discover NEW limits in myself.

One comfort was that I was very honest. I made sure to impress on them that, while I think I learn quickly and have great capacity for my knowledge, I couldn't promise to be their IT messiah. But, I think, in their mind, they wanted the personality and the passion. They would teach me stuff they needed me to know. A good person was far more important to them.

That made me feel VERY good. I can only ask that God give me the strength to live up to the responsibility they have given me. But I sure look forward to it!

7 comments:

Lyza Lynne said...

Congratulations!!!

You'll do great!

Unknown said...

Well bro, I am truly truly happy for you. I better have an incredible Christmas present this year ;-) (a laptop may-chance).

Your Organizing Guru said...

Just remember, You're good enough. You're smart enough. And gosh darn it people like you.

T.H. Elliott said...

That's really cool man. About time huh?

E. Peterman said...

You will do a fantastic job, and you'll be beating the women off with a stick with all your pimp dough. Good luck finding three chicks as cute as your angels, though.

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Dude - I'm so happy for you! I've already coached you on your do's and don't's at the new job... so behave!

You're going to do great! Just be yourself... errr... um, just be someone a lot like your self, but more up-beat. :)

Shag

Healthy Heather said...

You'll be great. Remember, if you always stop at the point where things get weird and uncomfortable and you want to quit, you'll never change. Be intimidated, and go anyway. They are lucky to have you.