Monday, September 22, 2008

Reel Quick Reviews

The name? Lame, yeah, fuck off.

So, I got Netflix (love it) and I decided to start reviewing what I watch. So here we go>

Swingers: This supposed cult classic makes me think that 'cult classic' means 'not that good'. I didn't really get it I guess. It had parts I liked, but overall felt flat. It ended well, but didn't make up for the long stretches of 'huh?'

Definitely Maybe: Not usually one for a chick flick, I rented this because I like Ryan Reynolds. And Like him I still do. I enjoyed this movie. Sure the interweaving love plots felt fantastical, but the individual relationships actually seemed real (which is likely why they failed). Overall I felt that it romantisized love, but in a realistic way. The main character makes many mistakes before he finds 'love'.

Dexter: A showtime series about a serial killer who works for the police. I LOVE this series. All I can say is check it out. Mind you, I hate almost every character in the show besides the serial killer and one cop. But I think that is part of the point of the show. 'Normal' people can be fucked up and 'bad' people can actually be pretty nice. You know, aside from the killing.

That's it till I get some more videos!

2 comments:

T.H. Elliott said...

Swingers was overrated.

Dexter was awesome. I felt the same way. I really liked what's her name in Angel, but she sucks here.

The Irredeemable Shag said...

I love Swingers. Admittedly, I haven't seen it in years, but I recall really enjoying it. However, I do recall the Heather Graham scene seemed to be a waste. Probably because she kept her clothes on. :)

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com